Please join us for our AGM on 1st February. It’s on Zoom and will be short and sweet!
In order to continue with SCATE’s work – highly valued by members who attended our physical meeting in October – we need a quorum to elect a new committee for next year. That means we are looking for representatives from as many as possible of our 42 member groups to join us – but at least ten.
It is really important that enough members are present at the meeting if you want SCATE to continue. Please sign up now at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/scate-agm-tickets-233769941187. Thank you for your support.
At the AGM we will do three things:
1. Hear updates from key campaigns and issues across the South Coast area including:
– the A27 Arundel bypass consultation on preferred route HAS STARTED so the Arundel group will tell you how you can help with the latest on their fight to stop this hugely damaging scheme
– other schemes such as a Chichester Northern bypass, East of Lewes A27 and the 285.
2. Elect the new Committee: we have enough committee members to keep the group going, but it would be wonderful to have a few more. We are especially hoping to have representation from East Sussex and Chichester. If you are interested and would like a chat before the meeting, please do get in touch with [ADD CONTACT]
The committee will meet every four to six weeks online, so there is no need to travel or give up too much of your time.*
2. Change to the constitution. We will ask members to approve a minor amendment to the Constitution: the current Constitution (2018) states: An AGM shall be held not later than 30 September each year. The proposed change to the wording would read: An AGM shall be held within eighteen months of the previous one. [DO MEMBERS NEED TO VOTE PRE-AGM?]
If you want to get up to speed on what is happening on the new Arundel bypass consultation, the A285 and fresh attempts to push a Northern bypass at Chichester please book now using the link below.
We look forward to seeing you online on the 1st February ready for another year of transport campaigning across the South Coast.
Please sign up now at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/scate-agm-tickets-233769941187. Thank you for your support.